Thick, Roasted Tomato & Harissa Soup Recipe
When tomato season is at its peak, we want nothing more than heaping spoonfuls of this addictive roasted tomato soup. Trust us, adding a few tablespoons of NYShuk Harissa takes the tomatoes to exciting new levels, adding a sweetness and warm chili heat to every bite. Just heavenly. Serve it alongside warm crusty bread...and summer bliss is yours.
- 4.5 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large onions
- 3 red peppers
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp NYShuk Harissa
- 5 sage leaves chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs chopped
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 5 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorn crushed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Remove the seeds from the red peppers and roughly chop the peppers, tomatoes and onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the above ingredients with the garlic cloves, olive oil, sage, thyme and sprinkle the kosher salt. Divide everything between 2 baking trays and roast for 90 minutes in the oven. When done, let the mixture cool for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a deep pot and add the honey, boiling water, heavy cream, salt, crushed white pepper and NYShuk harissa. Blend the mixture using a hand blender. Once you get a smooth consistency, Strain through a fine sieve.
- *I prefer my soup on the thicker side, if you don’t, add more water and cream if necessary, according to your preferred consistency. Finally, add salt & pepper to taste.
When serving the soup, why not add a little wow factor: simply drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle a few roasted pumpkin seeds and serve with that warm crusty bread.
Hope you enjoy this recipe from NYShuk Harissa. Let us know what you think!