FOOD. CURATED. Nominated for Its 4th James Beard Foundation Award – Best Video Webcast

Blog PostsBy Liza de Guia on Mar 19, 2013

url

Just wanted to extend my sincere gratitude to The James Beard Foundation, my peers, my fellow nominees, and to all you lovely, lovely folks who continue to watch and support my series. Every story this past season has been such a gift to tell. So, thank you.

When I found out the news from my friend Kari, I sat down at my editing desk and started crying. Not many people know this, but my 2012 storytelling season was the most challenging and most difficult to get through to date. It asked a lot out of me. It asked me to tell stories when I was sad. To tell stories, when I didn’t have the will to tell stories. But, I pushed forward and did it anyway, because something deep within me knows it’s what my true purpose is. I’m a storyteller. It’s what makes me special. It’s what makes me want to wake up every morning and do my job well. My job is to find life and share life. And in sharing life, the cool thing is…I actually help people. That’s the power of a good story. That’s why I LOVE what I do. Going out into the world with my questions and my cameras reminds me of the magic in the everyday, the collective drive we share as dreamers/doers, the need we share to connect with others, and the struggle we all go through in life to do what we love to do. It’s a beautiful thing to document and to be a part of. Plus, all these food makers become dear friends. How could I not feel quite lucky, everyday?

So, with all my heart, thanks for watching food. curated.! Thanks for supporting passionate food artisans! I would love to know YOUR favorite story from this past year in the COMMENTS section too. Enjoy the day! Seek life. -Skeeter

Comments

1. Mike Gebert says:

Congrats again, Liza. Always enjoy checking out your work (and running it at Grub Street Chicago whenever there’s an excuse to do so… like Danny Macaroons coming to town!)

2. Ken says:

Congratulations! Thank you for the wonderful stories you continue to bring! Well deserved nomination!

3. Gail says:

It’s very interesting and probably not a coincidence that this was a tough story-telling season for you. I thought it was your best.

I race to the computer when I see you’ve posted a video, Liza. Thoughtful, thought-provoking and always informative, I love your work.

Congratulations! Here’s to hoping that the 4th time is the charm.

4. Congratulations, Liza! I am so terribly proud of you and your past awards, achievements and now this (again). What a great storyteller you are and I couldn’t be happier for you. May you be blessed with many many more. And personally, I think you’re a shoe-in for this category!

5. HJR says:

Whatever was making you sad, you found the uplift through your talented eyes, warm glow for passionate food people and comfortable storytelling style. You introduced me and mine to some treasured food finds we would never have known about otherwise. Here’s hoping 2013 continues to be inspiring, great food fun and blessed.

6. michele says:

Wow! Congratulations! This nomination is well-deserved!!

7. John says:

I have been a foodie long before the word foodie was know. Food curated is by far, the best food show. It has complete respect for the food and the people making it. It is easy to look brilliant when you have a half million dollar kitchen and a huge staff, but this show is about the real world of people who truly love the culinary arts. Congrats and PLEASE keep up the great work.

8. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets
    I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and
    was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something
    like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

9. Rafael says:

I absolutely love your site.. Greaqt colors & theme.
    Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m
    looking to create my owwn site and would love to learn where you got
    this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!