The Secret to The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room’s Deckle Fat

Our VideosBy Liza de Guia on Jul 7, 2011

“The flavor of our burger is better than most burgers for several reasons: not just because of our blend of meat, or the fact that we cook them on a cast iron, but our fat content is pretty high too.”

In celebration of summertime food, come meet Chef Jeremy Spector of The Brindle Room in Manhattan’s East Village, a cozy, charming, neighborhood restaurant that sears up quite possibly, the best tasting burger in New York City.

Chef Jeremy walked me through the design of The Brindle Room burger, explaining in detail what makes them so sought after and so terribly addicting. For me, it’s all about the meat. There’s something special about the beef in this burger. You can taste it in every bite, and feel the flavor develop with every chew. It’s a quality that Jeremy likens to “a fine cheese or good wine” – a special burger blend, butchered just for the restaurant, that’s part fresh meat, part aged meat, and part dangerously delicious deckle fat. Truly, a burger for meat lovers. Truly, something that you need to try and devour very, very soon. Trust me. I love a good burger.

The Brindle Room
277 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10009

**FYI – this burger is still a little under the radar. So get yourself there now, before everyone finds out!

Thanks for watching food. curated.! Happy Eating!

Comments

1. zeke says:

Howdy!

How does it taste?

2. John Powers says:

That looked freakin’ incredible.
    I don’t want lettuce or tomato…

See you soon.
    I’ve got to have one of these.

Thanks.
    John

3. Chris says:

Definitely the best burger in the city….and with the incredible fries, its the perfect meal.

4. Sirah says:

Best burger EVER! I’d like one right now, for breakfast.

5. marky p says:

yum yum! its amazing. even without the bun!!!!!

6. StacyAnn says:

Awesome!!!!!

7. Rachel says:

looks amazing! can’t wait to try

8. Sandy says:

looks incredible – can’t wait to try it

9. jeremy says:

so happy I was able to do this shoot. thanks liza

10. Marilyn says:

Delicious. Can’t wait to try this amazing burger.

11. This certainly looks incredible! I am a huge burger fan!

12. Jeff Forward says:

I couldn’t watch the video as it won’t run…I don’t know if you explained deckle and fat cap…I had never heard the term deckle used, however I have heard fat cap. On a side note, as of 2006, USDA prime deckle was running 25 bucks a pound and some chefs said after trimming down for usage, it’s closer to fifty bucks a pound. That was 2006, but even so, sounds insanely expensive…if I’m going to eat a rib eye, i want a rib eye. a burger is a burger for a reason…

13. Chas says:

That meat is so savage.

14. seo says:

Hey terrific website! Does running a blog such as this require a massive amount work?
    I have no knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my
    own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any recommendations or techniques
    for new blog owners please share. I know this
    is off subject however I just had to ask. Thanks a
    lot!

Also visit my blog post seo

15. I savor, result in I found just what I was taking a look for.
    You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a nice day. Bye

Feel free to visit my page … Getting Started On Your Home Plumbing
    Projects (immortalisdb.de)

16. Pedro VanPeter says:

It just doesn’t get any
    better than seeing the gorgeous “Mrs. Anita Pelaez” over at her and her
    husband “Captain Kutchie’s” place..Some Folks Also Call Him..”The
    KutchMan others call him The Kutchmon!”…Most Just Call Him “The Most
    Interesting Man In The World”….(Anita and Kutchie Pelaez’s Key West, Key
    Lime Pie Factory and Grill)…Just watching the lovely couple baking together all those Yummy
    Key Lime Pies at their Key Lime Pie Factory and Grill in Asheville.
    …It’s always worth the trip to visit them in they’re Historic Key Lime
    Pie Factory and Grill…It should be on everyone’s bucket list for
    sure..And The World’s Best Key Lime Pies!..YUM-YUM-YUM….­­.”Talk About
    World Class” What An Understatement!…….AA­­HHHHH!….The Magic Of The
    Lovely..”Mrs. Anita Pelaez” And Her Delicious Key Lime Pies Baked With
    Pure Love…Always……40 Years And They’re Still Going Strong….

….May GOD Continue Blessing “Anita And Kutchie Pelaez” and They’re World
    Famous Key Lime Pie Factory And Grill Where The Personalities, Ovens And
    Smiles Are Always Warm And Inviting. “Kutcharitaville” You’re The Best We Love You!….

…Now You Know Who Is The Hottest!…And Baby Let Me Tell You, Mrs. Anita Is No Act…She’s The Real Thing Baby!…

….Located Near The Biltmore House And Estate…..
    ….Who Could Ask For Anything More?…Anita’s Key Lime Pie…(Hell Yes!)

….Just Think, Kutchie’s Goody Goody Cheese Burgers, The Original Cheese Burgers In Paradise!
    ….That Alone Is Quite A Pretty Big Deal If You Ask Me. ….”Hell”,..It’s A Pretty Big Deal Even If You Don’t Ask Me.

17. Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are fastidious designed for new visitors.

18. each time i used to read smaller posts that as
    well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
    piece of writing which I am reading here.