Amy Thompson, the head cheesemonger we profiled in our latest piece on Lucy’s Whey, was kind enough to share her picks for best American cheeses to add to your cheese plates this spring. Some of the cheeses come from fresh spring milk, others are aged a year and go great with springtime salads (Mona, Landaff and Dunbarton).
Top Ten Spring Cheese List from Local Cheesemakers (in no particular order)
1. Noble Road from Calkins Creamery
2. Meridian from Rainbeau Ridge Farm
3. Chevre from Ardith Mae Farm
4. Mona from Wisconsin Sheep Dairy Cooperative
5. Dorset from Consider Bardwell Farm
6. Piper’s Pyramide from Capriole
7. Landaff from the Cellars at Jasper Hill/Landaff Creamery
8. Humble Pie from Woodcock Farm
9. Renaissance Ricotta from Narragansett Creamery
10. Dunbarton Blue from Roelli Cheese Company
And before you go, Amy and Emily from Calkins Creamery wanted to double-check that you knew how dairy cows get their milk, a question they get asked ALL the time…
Thanks for watching food. curated. Happy eating!