MILKMADE: NYC’s NEW Sustainable Ice Cream Makers, Hand-delivering to Your Door *food curated*

Our VideosBy Liza de Guia on Dec 4, 2009

Old school milk delivery gets a sweet face lift with the launch of MILKMADE: homemade, hand-delivered, small-batch ice cream with a focus on local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients.

Meet the founders, or shall we say, “milk maids” Diana Hardeman and Michelle Truong as they meticulously create and prepare their two December flavors, in their newly rented commercial kitchen space, for the launch of their ice cream enthusiasts club in New York City.

As they say, this may not be the most efficient way to run a business – by hand making ice cream and delivering it on foot to homes of eager ice cream lovers in Manhattan. But, they wouldn’t want it any other way. To them, it’s more than just churning ice cream, it’s all about making new friends, inventing unheard-of-flavors and creating a product with lots of “TLC”…

And you gotta admit, we all do scream a little bit for ice cream, no?

To sign up for MILKMADE or for more info, visit: http://www.milkmadeicecream.com

Delivered by Storyteller: Liza de Guia. Thanks for watching FOOD CURATED!

Comments

1. Donny says:

Great video as always! Yeah i signed up for Milkmade but too bad I live in Brooklyn. I guess it’s going to be a while before they deliver to Brooklyn. Awesome looking site!

2. theonlyegg says:

wow, i wanted to dive right into that churning vat of chocolate five spice mix.

3. PATRICIA HAYES says:

What a DELICIOUS video! I could totally get addicted to ice cream!

4. zenchef says:

Great ice cream company concept, great video and great looking site. Congrats to all of you!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I very much appreciate it. Yeah, MilkMade has such passion behind it. I hope you sign up for their ice cream.
      Especially since I know how much you love gelato!

5. Haseeb Saadat says:

Great concept and the ice cream looks delicious! Diana Hardeman, you are the boss!

6. Shuling says:

That looks SO DELICIOUS. First time visitor to Food Curated and loving what I see… nice work, Liza! :D

Thanks! Glad you dig :) I have tons of plans for the future of this little site, so hope you stay tuned. More than anything, hope I make you hungry for good food!

7. Rafael Marinho says:

I want to go to NY soon, but seeing all these videos make me wanna go sooner =p

Really like the site! :)

Hi Rafael. Thanks so much for watching. That’s awesome. I put a lot of heart into this so it means so much to have interested viewers. Let me know if you come to the city!

8. Your site and videos are inspirational. I will enjoy watching your site grow!

9. Teddy Remele says:

10. Yun Bomkamp says:

Being a Newbie, I am continually looking on the web for articles that may assist me. Thank you

11. Brock Knox says:

I’ve read over a number of your current blog entries and I was thinking about if you were interesting in swapping web site links? I am constantly hunting to trade links with blogs on very similar subject matter! I look forward to hearing back from you before long.

12. The first two years of every business are not only challenging, but can also make or break a small business.

Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to make a paste.
    Just make sure to bring the following things: Bug spray,
    drinking water, blanket, food that don’t spoil easily, warm
    clothes, a sharp knife, napkins and plastic glasses.

my web-site :: breakfast meal ideas