WARNING: Whatever you do, DON’T BUY THESE COOKIES. You will eat them. All.

Blog PostsBy Liza de Guia on Nov 25, 2009

So the story goes, I was at my friend @jonlabes apartment for dinner, and he puts this ridiculously huge box of star-shaped cookies before me with a little evil smile. He says, “Go ahead, have one.” But I’m not so excited, you see, because cookies just aren’t my thing. I don’t desire them. I’m a salty kinda girl. I like my appetizers and usually skip dessert.

But he insisted, “Just try to have one. It’s impossible to have just one. Trust me, WE tried.” (We, meaning, him AND his girlfriend.) Apparently, this is a decision they go through everyday. Before breakfast. After breakfast. Before dinner. After dinner. And maybe a couple times during the day when hunting around for snacks.

So, I do as I am told. I curiously place one into my mouth… I chew… I look at him with my “oh, my god these ARE good” eyes and pick up another. Then, my hand on instinct reaches for yet another cookie! They are the perfect size. Small enough to fit in your mouth with one bite, and small enough to not feel guilty for having 4 or 6 in less than a minute’s time. Memories accessing that growing-up, girl scout cookie kinda flavor recalling, “Yes, Liza, yes. This is something you like”. And the crunch…that chocolate-covered graham cracker crunch. The little evil white sprinkles that pop in your mouth equating to pure pleasure!

He’s right. Damn him. I cannot, CANNOT have just one little star cookie.

So, like I was saying, don’t do what I did and seek out these cookies. Don’t go to the corner of Graham Ave & Metropolitan in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn and enter the underwhelming pharmacy storefront. Don’t talk to the manager and have him tell you these seasonal cookies sell like crack. Don’t buy a 1/2 case and pile them on your kitchen table. Just don’t do it. You WILL eat them all.

Comments

1. Lauren says:

I love that the box is completely unmarked. no words. just cookies.

2. You just inspired what will inevitably be a wild goose chase into Brooklyn this weekend for mystery star cookies. I can’t resist! Great post :) And even better new website!

3. @jonlabes says:

The people who work at Neapolitano Pharmacy (the exclusive outlet for these evil cookies) told me that they each personally take home about 10 boxes during November and December.

And there’s like 200 cookies per box!

4. Jen says:

I LOOOVE these cookies! I’ve had them at many family and friend’s holiday parties. I had no idea they came from the drug store on Graham. How strange, they must distribute them somewhere else?

5. Liza de Guia says:

Me too! Hey Jen! I’m going to buy more this weekend if they’re not sold out.

6. PATRICIA HAYES says:

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT TRIED THESE, THEY ARE MISSING OUT. IT BRINGS BACK SO MANY DELICIOUS MEMORIES AT FIRST BITE AND I PROMISE YOU WILL EAT MORE THAN A FEW! LOVE THEM!

7. haha the a single who’s posting the comments

8. I feel that way often in person and sometimes on blogs — that the conversation is so established I would be interrupting. I know exactly what you mean about that.

9. An intresting object, can I ask what blog you are using? I have been looking for a nicetheme for quite a while now.

10. please tell me where i can buy these cookies. I use to have them when i was a little girl….

11. Anthony says:

Ok I really need to know where to buy these cookies. I remember eating them back in elementary school. It’s been years since I last ate one. Anyone know where to buy these?

12. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many
    of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to trade methods with
    other folks, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.

13. I enjoy reading through an article that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

14. jasmine says:

Where would i be able to buy these cookies online because my friend love them